Tuesday, 8 October 2013

Narrative Anlysis


Music video narrative analysis from chanjam

This was a mini task we did at the beginning of our research which again helped us break down narrative. Also in doing this we analysed camera angles, i.e.: close ups, medium shots and long shots etc. mise en scene which was everyone I could see in the frame which range from costume to props, sounds - everything we could hear e.g. instruments  and diegetic sounds, basically we analysed everything in the frame.

This video is both pop and rock and I though it would be interesting to see how conventions have been combined. Both rock instruments have been shown which typically would be in a rock video, however you wouldn't normally see a choreographed dance routines which have been shown in the video - surprisingly it works well because of the beat and fluency of it. A lot of thought beats have been used which sort of make it more dramatized and creative.

I have looked at conventions of this sub-genre and will take these into consideration when forming my music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment